Weeks into 2012: 32 weeks, 5 days
New Recipes Tried: 30
* = recipes I’ve made more than once this year…meaning they must be REALLY good!
30. Easy Pancakes: I wanted pancakes this morning but didn’t have any milk. Most recipes call for milk, so I did a quick search for one without. This definitely satisfied my need for pancakes, but I’d only make them again if milk were in short supply.
29. Red Velvet Sheet Cake with Nutella Frosting: I made this for an event at work and it was ok. I didn’t think it was anything spectacular, but it wasn’t awful either. I probably won’t make this again.
*28. Cake Batter Bars: YUM! Also made these for a party at work. They were really good…kind of like blondies. I will definitely keep this recipe in the back of my mind when I need a quick and easy dessert.
*27. O’Carrs Copycat Chicken Salad: A few years ago, I traveled to Birmingham, AL where I was introduced to O’Carr’s. They have the most amazing chicken salad, and they make wonderful cheesecake that they serve warm! When I saw this recipe show up in my Pinterest feed, I knew I had to try it. It’s as close to the chicken salad at O’Carr’s that I can remember. I can’t even remember how many times I’ve made this since I first tried the recipe. So good!
26. Upside Down Key Lime Pie Cupcakes: I was excited about this recipe because of the graham cracker frosting–just sounded fun and interesting. The cake was a little too tangy for my liking and also pretty crumby (because of the cake flour in the recipe). The concept still intrigues me, so I might stay on the lookout for a different variation of this recipe.
25. Red Velvet Cookies: Blah. I made these for an event at work and everyone seemed to enjoy them. I didn’t think they were anything special. They were definitely quick and easy to make, but I probably won’t make them again.
24. Garlic Chicken
23. Key Lime Pie Sandwiches
*22. White Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes
*21. Pioneer Woman’s Sangria
20. Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
19. Paleo Chicken Enchilada Bake
18. Disappearing Marshmallow Blondies
17. Baked Mini Donuts
15. Churro Cupcakes
14. Tres Leches Cake
13. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars
12. Girl Scout Cookie Tagalong Bars
11. PKU Pancakes
10. Mashed Sweet Potatoes
9. Chicken Veggie Packets
8. Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Chicken Bites
7. Sweet Potato Chicken Casserole
6. Roasted Vegetables
5. Chicken Enchilada Pasta
4. S’mores Cups
3. Molasses Cookies
2. General Tso’s Chicken
1. Sticky White Rice