Weeks into 2012: 41 weeks, 3 days
New Recipes Tried: 39
* = recipes I’ve made more than once this year…meaning they must be REALLY good!
39. Ghostly Peeps Brownie Smores: I made these for a LifeGroup hangout last week. They are really good. Realllllly rich, but good. The only thing I did different than the recipe is that I used two boxes of brownie mix instead of one. I don’t like when the brownies are too thin. Also, one tip on broiling the Peeps…I made the mistake of putting the broiler on high and ruined the first attempt. Fortunately, I had enough extra to give it another go. I put the broiler on low and left the oven door cracked. Worked like a charm.
38. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Icing: I used this chocolate cupcake recipe with the pumpkin cream cheese icing. They were really good. Not as “pumpkin-y” as I expected, but still really good. I’d definitely make it again.
37. 5 Minute Homemade Mac and Cheese: Definitely quick. Definitely easy. Not my favorite. I’ll keep looking for a tried and true mac & cheese recipe. (Still a huge fan of Picky Palate though!)
36. Melt in Your Mouth Chicken: Saw this on Pinterest and everyone was raving about it. It was ok, but I don’t know that I’ll make it again.
35. Chick-fil-A Sauce: I didn’t think this tasted like Chick-fil-A sauce, but it was definitely a good honey mustard. I’d make it again if I was looking for a honey mustard dipping sauce.
34. Chick-fil-A Nuggets: These were pretty good! And I was able to eat them as leftovers for a couple of days.
33. Halloween Brownies: Super easy. Super good! I was skeptical about the one box of brownie mix because I always feel like they get dry during baking, but these were great!
32. Pumpkin Coffee Cake: As the blogger suggested, I doubled the crumble topping on this. I didn’t really like the consistency of the “cake” part of it though. It tasted just fine, but the cake seemed really dense to me.
31. Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies with Creamy Peanut Butter Filling: These were really good, but for some reason my cookies didn’t bake flat like hers did. That made them a little difficult to eat in “sandwich” form.
30. Easy Pancakes
29. Red Velvet Sheet Cake with Nutella Frosting
*28. Cake Batter Bars
*27. O’Carrs Copycat Chicken Salad
26. Upside Down Key Lime Pie Cupcakes
25. Red Velvet Cookies
24. Garlic Chicken
23. Key Lime Pie Sandwiches
*22. White Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes
*21. Pioneer Woman’s Sangria
20. Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
19. Paleo Chicken Enchilada Bake
18. Disappearing Marshmallow Blondies
17. Baked Mini Donuts
15. Churro Cupcakes
14. Tres Leches Cake
13. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars
12. Girl Scout Cookie Tagalong Bars
11. PKU Pancakes
10. Mashed Sweet Potatoes
9. Chicken Veggie Packets
8. Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Chicken Bites
7. Sweet Potato Chicken Casserole
6. Roasted Vegetables
5. Chicken Enchilada Pasta
4. S’mores Cups
3. Molasses Cookies
*2. General Tso’s Chicken
*1. Sticky White Rice