Weeks into 2011: 52 weeks
New Recipes Tried: 70
* = recipes I’ve made more than once this year…meaning they must be REALLY good! 🙂
70. Banana Crumb Muffins: I had tons of ripe bananas in the freezer and needed to make something to get rid of them with. I didn’t want to do the typical banana bread, so I tried these. They were really good. I’d definitely make them again.
69. Peanut Butter, Pretzel and Chocolate Chip Cookies: Who doesn’t like the salty/sweet combo? These were great! When I ate the last one, I was so sad and wanted to make another batch right away.
68: Potato Chip Candy Thingys: I had these a work lunch and they were amazing…had to ask for the recipe. They’re so simple: melt 2 bags of chocolate chips and 1 bag of butterscotch chips; stir until smooth. Crush one bag of salted potato chips (not ruffled). Coat potato chips with chocolate/butterscotch mixture. Drop by spoonfuls into mini muffin liners. Chill. Eat. I dare you to just eat one.
67. Pioneer Woman’s Perfect Pot Roast: I’ve only ever made pot roast in a crock pot, so I decided to switch it up a little and try P-Dub’s recipe. It was good, but the crock pot method is definitely simpler and yields similar results.
66. Corn Casserole: I made this for a lunch we had a church one week. Very good and feeds a lot of people. Simple, too.
65. Mom’s Sweet Potatoes: My mom has been making these for years, but it’s only been this year that I’ve decided I like sweet potatoes. I made these for work and they were a hit.
64. Green Bean Casserole: I wanted to find a green bean casserole recipe that was different than the “cream of mushroom soup” recipe that most people make. This one fit the bill. It was also a hit at a work lunch.
63. Itty Bitty Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies: I made these for a birthday party that I “catered.” They were cute and tasty. Hope the party goers enjoyed them!
*62. One-Pan Skillet Cookie: One of my favorites restaurant desserts is the Pazookie at BJs. This cookie is close to that. Very good, right out of the oven with ice cream. And the wonderful thing is you just mix everything in the skillet and then bake it! Simple and not too much clean up!
61. Pumpkin Dip: To me, this tasted like pumpkin pie that you dipped things into. I was hoping for a little bit of a different flavor. I’ve seen recipes that use marshmallow fluff, so I think I’ll try one of those next time.
*60. Puffs: I made these for the first time in July for a shower, and forgot to post about them then. They are simple and tasty. Perfect finger food for a party.
59. Pecan Crusted Chicken: This wasn’t bad, but it was just ok. I’m thinking there’s a better recipe out there somewhere.
58. Baked Acorn Squash: My friend Kami made this and I decided I wanted to try it. It was good and I felt healthy eating it, but I haven’t made it since. It’s a very fall-ish recipe.
57. Grandmother’s Buttermilk Corn Bread: I made chili for our small group one night and wanted to make corn bread from scratch to go along with it. This recipe was perfect.
*56. Pumpkin Cake Balls: OMG. These are AMAZING (if I do say so myself). I used the cake recipe from these cupcakes. After the cake cooled, I crumbled it up, stirred in some canned cream cheese frosting, formed little balls and then dipped them in chocolate bark. They tasted like little bites of chocolate covered pumpkin pie. Incredible.
55. Spaghetti Casserole: It’s been a while since I made this, so I’m reaching back to remember it. While it wasn’t awful, it also isn’t a recipe I’ve wanted to make again. The cream cheese is a nice addition and it makes a lot. If you have a lot of mouths to feed, this could be a good option.
54. Penne with Roasted Aspargus and Balsamic Butter
53. Velvet Pumpkin Soup
*52. Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting and Brown Sugar Oatmeal Crumble
*51. Pumpkin Pie Spice
*50. Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
49. M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
48. Chicken Florentine Pasta
*47. Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Swirl Fudgy Cookies
*46. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
*45. Vanilla Cupcakes
44. Chocolate Chip Scones
43. Oreo and Peanut Butter Layered Baby Lattice Pies
42. Nutella Stuffed French Toast
*41. Tortilla and Black Bean Pie
40. Chocolate Chip Muffins
39. Yellow Butter Cake
38. Oatmeal Cream Pies
37. Butterscotch Blondie
36. Cupcakes in a Jar
*35. Vanilla Cream Cheese Icing
34. Chocolate Cupcakes
33. Spinach Enchiladas
32. Nutella Banana Bread
*31. Good Old Fashioned Pancakes
30. Monster Cookies
29. Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes
*28. Baked French Fries
*27. Sloppy Joe Crescents
26. Chocolate Chip Blondies
25. Creamy Chicken Taquitos
24. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Bars
23. Layered Brownies with Browned Butter Frosting
*22. Baked Southwest Egg Rolls
20. Sour Cream Enchiladas
19. Baked Penne
*18. Crescent Chicken
17. Chocolate Cake Mix Whoopie Pies
16. Nestle Toll House Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsel Cookies
15. Cinnamon-Nutella Croissants
14. Penne alla Betsy
13. Diabetic Sugar Free Cookies
*12. Pasta alla Vodka
11. Peanut Butter Butterscotch Chippers
10. Candy Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
*9. Nutella-Mallow Pillow Pockets
8. Chocolate Pudding Fudge Cake
*7. The Lady’s Perfect Scrambled Eggs
6. Homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese
5. Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies
4. Garlic Potatoes
3. Garlic Green Beans
2. Panko-Crusted Chicken Tenders
*1. Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites