1. I’ve been such a slacker as it relates to this blog. I don’t know if I’m just over it or if I just don’t have much to say. Either way, I’m feeling blah about the blog. Maybe I’ll snap out of it.
2. I booked TWO cruises for this summer yesterday. Yahoooo! I’m taking a Carnival cruise to Key West and Cozumel in July for Matt’s 30th birthday. And, I’m going to Nassau and Coco Cay on Royal Caribbean in September with three of the Chanda girls. Can’t wait! I’m ready to start packing NOW.
3. On Sunday, I was presented with the opportunity to go on a mission trip to Russia in October. I asked a few trusted people what they thought and almost all said, “why not?!” It really is a great opportunity, and one that I believe God calls us to do. It’s the kind of thing I think we should step out in faith and do when given the opportunity. At this point, I’m just waiting for the “ok” for the time off from work before committing to the trip.
4. Good thing I realized my passport was expired. I sent it off last week to be renewed–complete with a photo that makes me look 12. What’s new?
5. Last week I learned that “true southerners” (which I don’t claim to be), eat their chicken and dumplings with mashed potatoes. What?! We’ve always eaten ours with rice. I made chicken and dumplings for Easter…and I must say they were JUST AS GOOD as my Mom’s! Yum, yum, yum!
6. Kati and I debuted our newest onesie design (Florida Love) at last weekend’s Homespun Chic Marketplace in Winter Park. It’s an idea we’d had for quite some time, but we were finally able to make it a reality. And, we are, for lack of a better word, in love with it. It’s so stinkin’ cute and shows our love of all things Florida.
7. Speaking of Florida, our family has a least four generations of Floridians–my mom’s mom, my mom, Kati & me, Paul & Cadence. I kind of wonder if there’s more than that. I went on Ancestry.com the other night, but got a little bored kind of quickly. I think it might be a project Mom, Dad and I should work on one night at the beach house. 🙂
8. If I want to keep this blog going, there are some things I should write about–Palm Beach Marathon Relay (from DECEMBER!!?!!!?!), Corporate 5K, my new money savings plan, my new cake ball trick. Just to name a few.
9. I NEED to finish reading Breaking Dawn. I mean, seriously. I need to. I need to get it off my nightstand and back to its rightful owner. Seriously. It’s time. I either need to finish it or give up. But I’m so close.
10. Why do magazines put in photos of super cute clothes and then not tell you where you can get them? I’m doing the Expedition Everest Challenge next week and my teammate found a really cute top in Fitness magazine. Too bad there’s no mention of the brand/where to get it. And too bad we’ve Googled soooo many variations of “yellow mesh workout tank top” and still haven’t been able to find it. Too bad I tweeted Fitness Magazine TWICE asking where it’s from and they haven’t responded. It’s kind of frustrating. It’s in our heads now and we WANT that tank top!