Weeks into 2012: 22 weeks, 4 days
New Recipes Tried: 24
24. Garlic Chicken: Made this tonight for dinner. Simple and tasty. I would make this again for sure. I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs as one reviewer suggested. Glad I did, because I’m pretty sure that’s where most of the flavor came from.
23. Key Lime Pie Sandwiches: Pinterest fail. They weren’t horrible, but they weren’t great and I wouldn’t make them again. They looked beautiful in the picture (don’t they always?!) but they didn’t look that pretty in real life!
22. White Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes: Ummm…yum. I’ve made these twice already and they’re great. I think it’s the peanut butter icing that makes them! The flavor combination is great. The first time I made them, I couldn’t taste the white chocolate at all. So, the second time, I put about a tablespoon of batter in each cupcake cup, added 4-5 white chocolate chips and then covered that with the rest of the batter. Good idea! I could definitely detect the white chocolate taste during the second go-round.
21. Pioneer Woman’s Sangria: O.M.G. Has P-Dub ever disappointed me? Hardly ever. This sangria was SO good. I will be making it ANY TIME I have the opportunity. During the first batch I made, I inadvertently used the wrong amount of wine. And, we actually liked that batch the best! The recipe calls for 1.5 liter of red wine and 1.5 liter of white wine. During the first batch, I used two 750mL bottles of $2 wine (one white, one red) that I got from Walmart. To that I added 1 cup of orange-flavored rum and 1 cup of orange-flavored vodka (like the recipe calls for). It was delish! One piece of advice for this recipe: buy the cheap wine. The flavor is going to come from all the fruit you add.
20. Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes: I pinned these cupcakes and a friend subtly (or not so subtly) hinted several times that I should make them for small group. I finally had time to try them and I was a little bit disappointed. Everyone at small group said how much they loved them, but they weren’t the most spectacular thing to me. I expected the peanut butter center to be more prominent, I think. Also, I was a little bit short on powdered sugar for the icing and I accidentally thinned it out too much. I couldn’t pipe the icing on, so they weren’t as cute as they could have been.
19. Paleo Chicken Enchilada Bake: I really liked this. It felt hearty and healthy. I was the most excited about the cauliflower “rice.” I really liked it. I would make this again.
18. Disappearing Marshmallow Blondies: I didn’t have any mini marshmallows, so I made these with regular sized marshmallows that I cut into quarters. Because of that, I don’t think they were as pretty as they should have been, but let me tell you…they tasted DARN good. I took them into work and in no time flat, 3/4 of the pan was GONE!
17. Baked Mini Donuts
15. Churro Cupcakes
14. Tres Leches Cake
13. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars
12. Girl Scout Cookie Tagalong Bars
11. PKU Pancakes
10. Mashed Sweet Potatoes
9. Chicken Veggie Packets
8. Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Chicken Bites
7. Sweet Potato Chicken Casserole
6. Roasted Vegetables
5. Chicken Enchilada Pasta
4. S’mores Cups
3. Molasses Cookies
2. General Tso’s Chicken
1. Sticky White Rice