Before yesterday, the farthest I’d run was 3.5 miles. But after yesterday, I can add 6 miles to my list of achievements. You can’t believe it?! Yeah, me either. But, I did it…in 1:01:13. Seriously. It’s been almost twenty-four hours and if my body weren’t reminding me of this feat, I still wouldn’t believe it. But, here’s proof. Me…looking like a hot mess…after running 6 miles WITHOUT stopping. Seriously?!
I won’t lie. It wasn’t “easy,” but I did it. The last two miles were a killer because I was tired and the wind was working so hard against me. But, now that I’ve done it, I have confidence that I could train for a 10K. And, that will be my new goal. (Who am I?)
I downloaded some new music before yesterday’s run and created a play list in iTunes that would last much longer than the run. Then, I set it to shuffle and took off. Yesterday’s shuffled running playlist gave me:
- Bang Bang by K’naan (featuring Adam Levine)
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) by Beyonce
- Fireflies by Owl City
- Nothin’ On You by B.o.B. (featuring Bruno Mars)
- Made to Love by tobyMac
- Waking Up in Vegas by Katy Perry
- Billionaire (clean version) by Travis McCoy (featuring Bruno Mars)
- Lovebug by Jonas Brothers
- Whatever You Like by T.I.
- Green Light by John Legend (featuring Andre 3000)
- Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince
- I Need a Girl by P. Diddy
- Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows
- Tik Tok by Ke$ha
- Hot N Cold by Katy Perry
- Bye Bye Bye by ‘N Sync
- Boyfriend by Ashley Simpson
I’m still looking for suggestions for my playlists. Anything to add?