Well…my reading list was growing long before I got sucked into…
Yes…it’s true. I gave it a shot, at the request/recommendation of several friends and I’ve now gotten sucked in. I am currently on the second book (New Moon), but once I’ve finished the series, there are several other books I’m looking forward to reading.
In no particular order, here’s what is in my reading queue…
- Primal by Mark Batterson: I’m a fan of this pastor/author. His first two books were great and I’m looking forward to this one.
- Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers: This was recommended to me years ago, but I never got around to reading the three-part series. It came up in conversation at work the other night, so I’m adding it back to the list.
- Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall, Denver Moore and Lynn Vincent: This was recommended to me while I was still in grad school and when I saw Sarah’s review of the book on her blog, I was reminded that I’d like to read it. 🙂
- The Unlikely Disciple by Kevin Roose: Speaking of my sweet friend Sarah…her husband Casey wrote a review of this book on their blog and I am intrigued. I’d like to check it out.
- The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs: My friend Katie reviewed this book on her blog last year and I was intrigued then. However, it came to my mind again last week when we had a group of very strict Jewish families staying at the Village. I’m interested in understanding their customs and thought this book might be a clue into their lifestyle.
So…looks like I should get a library card. After I complete the Edward and Bella saga, that is. 🙂