Seriously. I’m not even kidding. My eyes hurt, giving me periodic headaches that I can only attribute to the fact that I spent nearly two full days staring at either the screen of my new iPhone or the screen of my trusty MacBook. Of course that is my own fault, but I couldn’t get the new iPhone and then not get it all set up with my contacts and iTunes and pictures and applications and preferred ringtones.
I think I’ve worn my glasses more in the last three days than I have in the last three weeks. Honestly. I had to come home from work today at lunch to switch from my contacts to my glasses.
All that said, I think that’s my main complaint with my new iPhone. I am thrilled with it thus far.
Since I said one mean thing, I have to say at least five nice things now…here we go:
- I LOVE the free Pandora application. Pandora is one of my favorite things and I think it’s one of my favorite things about my new iPhone. I think I’ve talked about it before, but I listen to Pandora nearly every day at work and now I can listen to it in my car, too! This is absolutely incredible to me.
- Texting on the iPhone is so much easier than any other phone I’ve had. And, that’s a good thing.
- The Facebook application is nice. I have now ditched Facebook mobile, much to Josh’s dismay. But with the Facebook application, I can click the little icon on my phone and chat or message friends and update my status just like I can on the computer.
- I have tons of music and 12 months worth of pictures on my phone, right at my fingertips.
- The GPS helps me always know where I am. At all times. Although it’s kind of freaky, I do see that the Maps feature with GPS could come in handy at some juncture. Especially when visiting another town.
There you have it…a few thoughts on the new iPhone 3G. I’m a fan. Apple has me hooked.