So, today I decided a couple of things. If you know me at all, you would know that for as long as I can remember, I have been able to eat whatever I wanted and not worry much about weight, etc. In fact, I didn’t weigh more than 100 pounds until after I went to college. Recently I’ve noticed that my jeans aren’t fitting quite like I would prefer them to. I have decided to blame it on the fact that I am almost 30, and therefore my metabolism is beginning to slow down. Of course, I’m sure it doesn’t help that I haven’t been as active in the last couple of months…and I’ve been doing a lot of weekend baking (probably to compensate for feeling sad about Kasey leaving).
Anyway…all that to say, here’s what I’ve decided:
- I will do my best to drink 64 ounces of water per day.
- I will do my best to eat 5-7 servings of fruits or vegetables per day.
- I will do my best to work in 5 cardio sessions of 30 minutes or more per week.
- I will do my best to do 2 days of weights per week.
- I will do my best to get more consistent with 1 frivolous snack per day.
Today, I got in 1 banana serving + 2 lima bean servings + 1 carrot serving + 2 potato servings = 6!
And, for the rest of the week, I decided to get a head start and portion out some fruits so that I will hopefully be more likely to get the 5-7 servings in each day. And, I got some juices so that I can get at least 1 serving in that way if I want/need to.
Well…let’s see how it goes. For now, I’m off to bake these cupcakes. Does that count as a frivolous snack?! 🙂